Canadian Pride Part Five
In the final chapter of my Canadian Pride Serries I am going to look two big brands with Canadian roots (although they are no longer Canadian).
MAC - Makeup Art Cosmetics - I would guess if you are reading this you are already familiar with MAC but I couldn't do a series on Canadian makeup and skip this brand.
Founded in 1984 by Frank Toscan and Frank Angelo in Toronto, this brand has grown from a small brand targeted at makeup artist to a giant in the makeup business. In 1994 Estee Lauder Companies acquired controlling interest in the brand and by 1998 full out owned it, ending it's time being a Canadian brand (wikipedia lists its HQ in Toronto, but every time I call I get Markham, I guess it is close enough).
Some of the many things that helped Mac's rise to fame was, pro products, celebrity endorsements, high quality and pigment products, the back to mac program, the Mac AIDS Fund and unlike other brands they do not advertise.
The biggest pride in the Mac Brand legacy is The Mac AIDS Fund has raised over $128 Million to aid people everywhere living with HIV/AIDS. Every cent of the Viva Glam products sold goes to the fund, so I highly recommend running out and grabbing one, it will do a lot of good. www.macaidsfund.org
- Cream Coloured Bases - Always great as a lid or lip base and as cream blush. I showed off my collection in September and I recommend that everyone checks them out in there local store or better yet the pro store that has a bigger selection. I cannot live without them as a blush base.
- Eyeshadows - I try to always get the pro pans, but often get pre assembled limited edition quads. I love the consistent quality, colour pay off and texture of the products.
- Minerlaized Skin Finish Natural - I just became a majour fan of this product. It is a great mineral powder that can be used to finish your foundation and gives a great subtle mineral glow in the process. I find it more natural and less chalky than many finishing powders. It is also a great product for quick makeup days, simply use a kabuki and buff it on all over instead of your foundation, the coverage is perfect and it looks great.
- Pigments - While I am not a fan of loose eyeshadows, Mac's Pigments are more than eyeshadows, they can be used for anything (lips, cheeks, eyes). I personally have pressed mine into eyeshadow pans just so that I do not make a mess and for ease of use. These jars are huge and will last you forever, definitely worth the money.
- Pro Longwear Lipcolour - This is a long wear lip stick that has a great top coat. I used to use drug store brand long wear lip stick and found them very drying and crumbly, the top coats were sticky and I disliked them. This is not like that at all. They go on smoooooothhhh, last all day, and the top coat is silky and not sticky at all, never have I wanted to apply a top coat as often as this. I have Loyal and Clingpeach.