By jill oliver Monday, January 30, 2012 hydro silk razor, schick hydro silk, shaving
Schick Hydro Silk™ hydrates skin like no other razor can. This uniquely designed razor goes beyond an incredibly close shave to actually care for your skin. With Water-Activated Moisturizing Serum & 5 Curve-Sensing blades with skin guards to help protect skin from irritation, the Hydro Silk™ razor leaves skin feeling silky smooth! And it’s preferred over the leading 5 blade razor. -schick.com/ca
Truth be told, I have bought my share of Schick razors over the years, honestly it is my brand of choice. I used to have a Xtreme razor (which is now only available in a disposable version), their Intuition (with its built in shaving cream), the original Quatro (with blade guards) and until yesterday I was using the Quatro Trimstyle (four blades and an adjustable trimmer on the other side). Heck I've even was known to steal my mans FxDiamond back in the day (sadly it is not longer around, and the man has a beard so I couldn't steal it any ways). This being said I have cheapened out over the last few years and stopped buying refills and gotten cheap disposable blades...honestly not the wisest choice on my part. The rust fast and I cut my self often.
|What is inside|
So now that you see I have a long standing history with the brand you can understand why I was so excited to see their newest addition...the Hydro Silk (and why I was even happier to learn I was getting one to try out and 25 to give away to my readers).
- 5 Curve Sensing Blades - they are individually supposed blades that can move independently from each other to allow the razor to safely and closely maneuver over curves.
- Water-Activated Moisturizing Serum - This hypoallergenic serum is activated when run under running water. It helps provide moisture to the skin and a better glide for the razor. You should still use shaving cream or some other form of lather with it though.
- An amazing handle - This handle has a grip that is without a doubt the best I have ever used. No place on the legs or arms is awkward with it and you never feel like you might slip and loose grip.
- In Shower Holder - There is a handy little suction cup holder for it so it has a place in your shower.
- A replacement blade - I love that I get a second blade, makes it worth the investment.
So I held the razor under the faucet and shaved my legs WITHOUT any shaving cream. Yep just wet legs. I know, I am crazy, but I wanted to see what this serum could do.
The razor bends and curves really well. I missed nothing and didn't have to go over a spot more than once. The serum felt a bit like aloe gel. My legs felt amazing and not burned at all. My armpit area felt amazing, and the mole I have on one didn't get soar (a common problem I have).
|hanging in the shower|
look at that handle!!!
This is defiantly replacing my Quatro TrimStyle. I mean I'll still keep it around for the trimmer side, but this new razor is my new favourite.
- 5 blades that pivot independently
- Has a holder
- Secure feeling and comfortable handle
- Water-activated Serum is amazing
- No cover for the blades - I always loose them in the shower but still nice to have.
- a bit pricy at $13.99 for the starter set- but it is really good and has 2 blade packs in it
This razor has won me over. The handle may be surprisingly the most amazing part of it. The serum works wonder, a little strange at first but is something I quickly adjusted too. The five blades didn't knick me once and didn't miss a hair while it still bent with my legs curves. I really am impressed with this razor, it is enough to get me back on the Schick bandwagon and stop using crappy disposables.