How To Depot Joe Fresh Shadows
I recently depotted some of my Joe Fresh eyeshadows. Apparently not as easy as it seems, some people requested a demo. This can be done with their blushes, face powders and eyebrow powders too.
What you need:
- a soldering iron
- a flat iron (optional)
- rubbing alcohol
- Place shadow on flat iron, label side down. After a minute remove the label. This can also be done with a hair dryer.
- If you like leave on the flat iron while the soldering iron warms up. This will warm up the plastic so the iron works faster
- Hold the shadow, press the soldering iron against the back and melt the plastic until the shadow pops out.
- Let the pan cool, wipe down with alcohol.
- Put on magnet and label.
- Let the soldering iron cool where it wont touch anything! I burned my floor so the best thing it hang it by the cord. I use the shower rod.
- Be careful! This thing is hot and it will hurt. Try to get a soldering iron stand so you don't burn your table/floor or as I said tie the cord to something and let it hang to cool where nothing touches it.
- Leave the shadow on a flat iron for a few minutes to help warm it up, this really speeds up the time when soldering.
- Take your time. Don't rush this or you will 1) burn yourself and 2) ruin the shadow.
So to help further, I made a video: