E.L.F. 11 Piece Studio Brush Collection Review
Back in the spring of 2010 I purchased from eyeslipsface.com their Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection. I have since fallen in love with the brushes and repurchased 4 of them.
- Sleek, Water-Resistant Case
- Eyeshadow "C" Brush
- Complexion Brush
- Small Angled Brush
- Small Smudge Brush
- Fan Brush
- Powder Brush
- Angled Foundation Brush
- Concealer Brush
- Small Precision Brush
- Blush Brush
- Contouring Brush
First off, I love the case. It zips up and holds a lot more brushes than the 10 it comes with. It wipes up well and is nice for travel.
Secondly, I love the brushes. The collection's 10 brushes are a great assortment of essential brushes that is great for novices and experts alike. I would think that a lot of people new to makeup brushes might not think of getting at least one or two of these brush types and the kit is a nice (cheap) way to try them out. They are all synthetic and wash up great.
Thirdly, the price is a amazing, at $30 for the set it is about $3 a brush with a free case. When I got mine there was a 60% off sale so I paid far less than the $30 for the set.
My favorite brush - would be a tie between the contour brush (it is a great crease brush) and the blush brush.
|Sparkled handled version|
- Cheap -- OMG cheap
- Nice case
- Nice brushes - don't shed and wash up nice
- 10 brushes - just about all you need to start out or travel with
- Two colours right now - Right now you can get them in black or sparkle handled.
- Brushes smell when you get them - just wash them, I read a lot of complaints about the smell of the brushes when they arrive...wash them when you get them, not a big deal.
- Have to order online - I have seen some on their own at Winner's in Canada, but never the set
These brushes have no business being this good! They are from ELF and therefor are cheap (in price) but great in quality. If you have ever tried ELF's regular line's brushes you will be pleasantly surprised at how great these are. At $3 a pop you can't go wrong. I will probably be ordering some of the other brushes from the line that are not in the set soon, and maybe another one to give as a gift to a friend.
I really think it is worth while to get these brushes.